With the results of the survey in and counted, the first installment of the Top 50 list is now live. You can watch the video over on YouTube or you can read the list right here on this blog. Have fun!
What’s all this then?
Well, it’s been over a decade since the last one, so I think it’s high time we updated the survey to find out what the community’s favourite ST games are!
What are the rules?
- Vote for up to 5 games in order of preference.
- Your top game will receive 5 points, your second 4 points, your third 3 and so on.
- Each person may only vote once.
- If you don’t have 5 favourites, don’t worry! You can still vote, and those games you do vote for will get their due points.
- Feel free to add comments. They may even appear on future videos and articles! The more personal the anecdote, the better! I love hearing about your nostalgia and intimate connections to the games.
Where can I vote?
- You can comment on this post right here.
- You can tweet your vote @thejoyofsticks
- You can post to The Joy of Sticks Facebook page.
- You can reply to the video announcement here: (YouTube)
- You can respond to the Google Survey.
- You can reply to any of the forum posts where you see the survey. Like this one at atariforum.com.
Basically, anywhere I see your response, I will add it to the database ready to be counted. Think carefully, choose wisely, and above all else: have fun!
How can I help?
If you would like to help, then please share the posts, tweets, videos etc. as widely as you can. A survey is only as good as the responses and the more people that vote, the more valid the data becomes and we can say we have the definitive list of favourite ST games.
Then what will happen?
Last time I did this, people were pleasantly surprised to see that I didn’t just post a list of results, but broke each game down, listed important details and gave them a write up with screenshots. I plan to do the same again, but with a bit more pizzazz this time around.
Why are you doing this?
Well, one of the most common questions I still get asked after all these years by people who have just picked up an ST, discovering it through emulation, or revisiting the machine and looking to play games they might have missed out on is: “What games should I play?” This survey and the resulting list could be a great resource for those people.
Thanks for reading and responding! Stay Atari /|\